The underground city’s bustling fourth zone spreads out around the McGill, Peel and Bonaventure metro stations. It contains purchasing malls and malls like La Baie and Centre Eaton. Île des Sœurs , actually translated as “Nun’s Island,” is sure to curiosity contemporary-architecture buffs. The island was initially named “Île Saint-Paul” in honour of Paul de Chomedey. Between 1706 and 1769, the island’s numerous seigniorial services have been bought by the nuns of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame spiritual neighborhood. Around 1720, a big stone manor and varied farm buildings have been erected on the northern part of the island.