O, Canada!

The institutional buildings of the normal village are clustered here. Église Saint-Joachim (2 Rue Ste-Anne) is a Gothic Revival church with an extremely original steeple that dominates the whole institutional grouping. It is considered one of the last buildings designed by Victor Bourgeau, the architect of dozens of churches within the Montréal space. Its flamboyant, polychrome picket interior, embellished with numerous statues, is worth a short go to. The convent of the Sœurs de la Congrégation de Notre-Dame was inbuilt 1867 on the southern portion of the windswept point.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply